Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring 2014 BFA Senior Class: Dog Gonnit'

The final project that I worked on was in collaboration with Adobe Imagination Films and they tasked us with creating a short film themed to "technology of the future that benefits mankind."

My group settled with "Dog Gonnit'" which the story is about a man discovering the usefulness of recycling old items using his new 3D printer/item changer but finds a flaw when his sweet loving dog accidentally gets in the way of the device.

Somewhere midway of pre-production I wanted to put my take on the story and had a storyboard presented to the class. These are samples from the storyboard I did.


The next drawings are a sketch for an opening shot and design work for the buildings.





And here are some character animation tests that I did during the pre-production phase of the project. My goal was to get the feel of how the characters were going to behave, such as Poe Poe acting very cute but at the same time being careless and impulsive.






Other than working on character animation, I was tasked in designing the effects for the main device and the computer screen. These were animation tests that I made to help demonstrate to the class how I wanted the final effects to look on screen. The effects for the device went ahead but the disassemble and reassemble effect needed to be reworked.






Next are videos of the effects for the computer screen. This also shows an early rough animation that I worked on of the main character Frank.





And here is the final composite of the shot. Adrianne Thater did the effects for the device (while I supervised) and Kendrra Thoms worked on Poe Poe for this shot.



And the next video, Nick Felice and I worked on the effects for this complex shot. Arturo Miramontes did the animation for this shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment