Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fall 2013 BFA Senior Class Part Two: Intergalactic Salvage Corp.

The next project that I worked on was in collaboration with computer science students from University of California Santa Cruz - Silicon Valley Extension. The project was to create a working indie video game by the end of the school year. UCSC students would handle the coding and gameplay while the SJSU students provide the art assets and additional gameplay designs. Mark Gerow was the lead designer on my team. He pitched to us his game: "Intergalactic Salvage Corp" and it was to be a multiplayer fighting game, (somewhat like Super Smash Bros.), themed in space and collect "salvage" to gain points. 

I never got involved in making a game before, so it was an interesting experience for me. It was fun but also a bit intimidating. I had to figure out using Unity for the first time and I had to learn some new terminology and pipeline structures just to keep up with the UCSC students. 

I felt that I could have done more on the project, but because I was dedicated more to my other projects I felt very limited in being involved in this project.

Some of the work that I did do was sketch out a few action sequences that could have been made as special attacks from our characters.






What I did most of the time working with the UCSC team was provide some graphic designs including the logo and the user interface.





(Background by Geng Li)







No comments:

Post a Comment