Sunday, March 8, 2015

Fall 2013 BFA Senior Class Part One: The War of Currents

Here is some of my work from my final year at SJSU. This one is my first assignment in the class.

My class was tasked in developing intellectual properties for a possible video game. The visdev students, modelers and story artists were to do their work individually but the animators were an exception. Because the final work for the animators were to have full animated content they needed to have concept work, story and rigs ready in a short amount time. So the animators in my class were separated into groups so all of the pre-production work can be done faster and move along with the animation part.

For my group, our topic was "Edison vs. Tesla." Here is some of the early work that I did. I first pitched an idea to the group of an action/conspiracy video game pitting the two rivals titled "City of Gods." My idea was never used because the class determined this would be too complex to make in the short amount of time we had. This is the animatic that I presented to the class. I might want to go back on this some time in the future and make a fully rendered trailer.



Music credits: "Clair de Lune" composed by Claude Debussy; performed by Julie Cheek.

Here is some of the design work that I did before making the animatic.





My group went along going with Lauren Jensen's "The War of Currents" story. The game was to have a more comedic vibe in a puzzle themed game.

These are some sketches I did for the personality studies of the characters.





And this is the final shot that I did that went to our final trailer for "The War of Currents."


No comments:

Post a Comment